National Center of Legislation and Legal Research of the Republic of Belarus
The National Center of Legislation and Legal Research is a state-run research institution in charge of drafting legal acts, exercising organizational supervision of law-making activities, including the enforcement of law-making requirements, scientific research in law, training of personnel of highest qualifications.
The National Center of Legislation and Legal Research organizes its activities in compliance with legal acts, instructions of the President and the Belarus President Administration.
The Belarus President Administration is in charge of the general supervision of the operation of the National Center of Legislation and Legal Research.
- to make up annual plans of legislative activities, to submit them to the President for approval through the established procedure, to supervise the implementation of law-making plans and the development of draft legal acts in compliance with the final provisions of laws;
- to draft laws (concepts of draft laws), legal acts of the President and the Belarus President Administration, international agreements of the Republic of Belarus and other international legal acts;
- to conduct mandatory legal analysis of draft laws submitted to the House of Representatives of the National Assembly, draft laws prepared for consideration of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly in the first and second readings (in case draft laws are revised and finalized in the House of Representatives of the National Assembly);
- to determine priorities of legal research, to conduct independent research, and to initiate projects in the field of law;
- to carry out analytical and scientific review of the application of legislation, to prepare proposals on the improvement of legislation;
- to serve as a central body for the coordination of state R&D programs through the established procedure;
- to organize events, including conferences, symposiums, seminars, for representatives of government bodies and other organizations to discuss topical issues in the legal industry.
The National Center of Legislation and Legal Research offers postgraduate programs in ten majors. It also operates a council for thesis defense in three disciplines (constitutional law, constitutional process, municipal law; employment law, social welfare law; information law).
1a Bersona Street, Minsk, 220030