Prosecutor General's Office of the Republic of Belarus
The Prosecutor General's Office of the Republic of Belarus is a unified and centralized system of bodies that is entrusted by the state to ensure strict and uniform enforcement of regulatory legislative acts on the territory of Belarus and to fulfill other functions within its purview.
The tasks of the Prosecutor General's Office are to ensure the rule of law, law and order, to protect the rights and legitimate interests of individuals and organizations, the public and the state.
In order to fulfill these tasks, the Prosecutor General's Office supervises:
- strict and uniform enforcement of laws, ordinances, decrees and other regulatory legislative acts by national bodies of public administration and other public organizations subordinate to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus, local representative, executive and regulatory authorities, public associations, religious and other organizations, officials and other citizens, including entrepreneurs (hereinafter – supervision over law enforcement);
- observance of laws during investigations;
- observance of laws during pre-trial proceedings, preliminary investigation and inquiry;
- compliance of court rulings and their enforcement with the law;
- compliance of execution of punishment, other criminal responsibility measures and enforcement measures with the law.
The Prosecutor General's Office coordinates law enforcement activities related to the fight against crime and corruption, as well as activities to prevent offenses.
The Prosecutor General's Office carries out preliminary investigation in the cases envisaged by the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Republic of Belarus.
22 Internatsionalnaya Street, Minsk, 220030