Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs pursues a state policy in the sphere of external relations. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs system comprises a central office, diplomatic missions and consular institutions abroad, and the unitary enterprise National Center for Marketing.
- to implement a unified foreign policy of Belarus, including to coordinate the policy in the sphere of foreign economic and foreign trade operations;
- to safeguard rights and interests of the Republic of Belarus in international relations;
- to represent the Republic of Belarus in relations with other countries, international organizations, and interstate associations, to shape, support, and bolster a positive image of the Republic of Belarus abroad;
- to coordinate efforts of central government agencies to pursue a unified policy of Belarus in relations with other countries, international organizations, and interstate associations;
- to protect rights and interests of citizens of Belarus and legal persons of Belarus abroad;
- to enable favorable conditions for promoting Belarus’ economic interests abroad;
- to oversee the implementation of international agreements and treaties;
- to supervise the work of Belarusian diplomatic missions abroad;
- to ensure the development of the foreign policy infrastructure of the Republic of Belarus and to provide assistance with the development of the foreign trade infrastructure of the country;
- to coordinate the foreign trade policy and to shape Belarus’ trade regime in relations with other countries;
- to assist with raising foreign investments for the Belarusian economy;
- to provide foreign policy support for delimitation, demarcation, and the verification of the actual location of the state border of the Republic of Belarus.
19 Lenina Street, Minsk, 220030