Ministry of Internal Affairs
The Ministry of Internal Affairs is a central government agency in charge of running a system of law enforcement agencies and the ministry’s internal troops. The ministry is entrusted with regulating and managing fight against crime, protecting public order, ensuring public security, and with coordinating these efforts with other central government agencies within limits of its powers.
- to develop and enforce measures to protect interests of the society and the state from criminal infringements and other unlawful infringements, measures to protect public order and ensure public security;
- to organize and implement measures to protect lives, health, honor, dignity, freedoms and legal interests of citizens from criminal infringements and other unlawful infringements, measures to ensure their personal security and the security of their property, measures to protect rights and legal interests of organizations from criminal infringements and other unlawful infringements within limits of the powers granted to the law enforcement agencies;
- to manage law enforcement agencies, the organizations that belong to the law enforcement system, the internal troops, and ensure the observance of laws and regulations in the course of their work;
- to organize and implement measures to prevent, detect, and suppress crimes and administrative offences, perform inquiries in criminal cases, perform administrative procedures within limits of the powers granted to the law enforcement agencies, to search for and retrieve wanted persons, punishment evaders, and missing persons;
- to organize the service of sentence and other criminal responsibility measures and administrative punishments within the jurisdiction of law enforcement agencies;
- to pursue within the jurisdiction of law enforcement agencies a state policy in the area of citizenship, migration, and population registry, and in the sphere of security services;
- to take measures to improve the performance of law enforcement agencies, the internal troops, develop and enhance their physical infrastructure;
- to ensure legal protection and social security of uniformed personnel and civilian personnel of law enforcement agencies, military personnel and civilian personnel of the internal troops, retired police personnel, retired internal troops specialists, and their families.
4 Gorodskoi Val Street, Minsk, 220030