Ministry of Industry
The Ministry of Industry is a central government agency in charge of facilitating the effective work of state-owned and mixed-ownership industrial enterprises. The Industry Ministry is in charge of working out development targets for the manufacturing sector. The ministry participates in the development and implementation of programs on developing priority branches of the manufacturing sector. The ministry facilitates the development of foreign trade operations of state organizations and commercial entities.
- to pursue an R&D policy, an economic policy, and a social policy aimed at enabling conditions conducive to the effective work of the state enterprises accountable to the Industry Ministry and the commercial entities, stock (shares in charter capital) in which are owned by the Republic of Belarus and managed by the Industry Ministry, with a view to satisfying the demand of the national economy and residents of the country for producer goods and raw materials, consumer goods and services;
- to work out development targets for the manufacturing, technical, financial and economic development of the relevant industries;
- to participate in the development and implementation of programs on the development of priority branches of the manufacturing sector;
- to exercise government control over foreign trade operations in association with other government agencies concerned by means of stepping up the export of merchandise and services, by means of raising investments, setting up commercial entities together with investors;
- to exercise government control over metallurgical production, production of ready-made metal products, machines and equipment, electrical equipment, electronic and optical equipment, vehicles and equipment, to enable conditions conducive to the development of organizations of all types of ownership that perform these kinds of economic activities.
Building 4, 2 Partizansky Avenue, Minsk, 220033