Ministry of Education
The Ministry of Education is a central government agency in charge of pursuing a state policy in the sphere of education, in charge of managing the quality of education, and in charge of pursuing a state youth policy.
- to ensure the implementation of the state policy in the sphere of education, custody and guardianship of the underage;
- to ensure the operation of the education system;
- to pursue a state youth policy;
- to pursue a state policy within limits of its authority to provide psychological aid as part of the education system;
- to coordinate efforts of central government agencies, education offices of the oblast administrations and the Minsk city administration, organizations and self-employed businessmen, who are legally permitted to provide education services, in matters of realization of functions of the education system, the state youth policy, protection of rights of the underage, custody and guardianship of the underage;
- to exercise control functions to ensure the quality of education and control functions in the sphere of the state youth policy;
- to take measures to prevent child neglect and juvenile delinquency;
- to organize international cooperation in the sphere of education and other spheres within limits of its authority;
- to organize and develop scientific research in higher education institutions;
- to ensure government oversight over education, to enable conditions for the development of organizations of all types of ownership that perform this type of economic activities.
9 Sovetskaya Street, Minsk, 220010