Ministry of Architecture and Construction
The Ministry of Architecture and Construction is a government agency authorized to oversee architecture, town planning, and civil engineering activities in the Republic of Belarus.
- to develop and implement a state policy in the area of architecture, town planning, and civil engineering activities, construction materials industry, and the sphere of investments;
- to exercise government oversight over architecture, town planning, and civil engineering activities, operations in the area of construction materials and structures industry, to enable conditions conducive to the development of companies of all types of ownership that operate in these areas;
- to implement a state policy in the area of housing construction;
- to pursue a unified technical policy in the area of engineering, geological, topographic, and geodesic surveys for construction purposes;
- to ensure the operation of the national system of technical norms and standards and the national system of compliance assessment in the area of architecture, town-planning, and civil engineering;
- to work with other central government agencies in order to improve the effectiveness of foreign economic activities by stepping up export by means of enhancing the competitive ability of the products and services made by the state-run enterprises and organizations accountable to the ministry, by raising foreign investments, by setting up commercial entities, and by developing overseas distribution chains.
39 Myasnikova Street, Minsk, 220048