Ministry of Agriculture and Food
The Ministry of Agriculture and Food is a central government agency in charge of state administration and regulation in the area of agriculture, fishing, fish farming, food production as well as in the area of seed growing, variety testing, quarantine and plant protection, preserving and improving soil fertility, breeding, veterinary medicine, ensuring the quality of raw materials and food products, land reclamation, mechanization and electrification of agricultural production.
- to improve the economic policy and business methods, to take measures to improve the effectiveness of manufacturing in the area of agriculture, fish industry, and food production;
- to enable conditions conducive to the development of agriculture, fish industry, and food production;
- to ensure the assimilation of scientific and technological accomplishments in the area of agriculture, fish industry, and food production;
- to enable conditions for increasing the output of agriculture, fish industry, and food industry, to improve the availability of food to residents of the country, to ensure the country’s food security;
- to raise investments, including foreign ones, and channel them into agriculture, fish industry, and food production;
- to increase the volume and the competitive ability of exports, develop distribution chains for selling agricultural products and foods abroad.
15 Kirova Street, Minsk, 220030