Central Commission of the Republic of Belarus on Elections and Holding Republican Referenda
The Central Commission of the Republic of Belarus on Elections and Holding Republican Referenda is a government agency in charge of organizing elections and referendums in the Republic of Belarus.
- to organize preparations for and the actual elections of the President, members of the upper chamber and the lower chamber of the Belarusian parliament, members of municipal councils of deputies, to organize national referendums;
- to control the observance of legislation on elections, referendums, recall of parliamentarians across Belarus;
- to oversee the operation of election commissions and referendum commissions;
- to register initiative groups of citizens intent on nominating presidential candidates;
- to register presidential candidates and their authorized representatives;
- to ensure equal legal conditions for the pre-election work of political parties, other public associations, presidential candidates, and parliamentary candidates;
- to compile and authorize expense budgets for organizing elections, national referendums;
- to control the intended use of money allocated by the central state budget, extrabudgetary funds, and election funds of presidential candidates;
- to inform the House of Representatives of the National Assembly about the spending of money allocated by the state budget to hold elections, national referendums, or recall members of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly;
- to sum up results of elections, referendums;
- to register elected members of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly and publish their lists in printed media;
- to convene the first session of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly after an election;
- to issue election confirmation documents to the President and members of the Council of the Republic.
The Seat of Government (right wing), 11 Sovetskaya Street, Minsk, 220010