National Center of Legal Information of the Republic of Belarus
The National Center of Legal Information is in charge of the state system of legal information and its development. The center is the key state academic and research institution that collects, records, processes, stores, systematizes and updates the reference legal information, distributes (provides) it, conducts analysis in the above-mentioned areas. The center is also the official publisher of legal acts.
- to ensure operation and development of the state system of legal information;
- to form and manage the standard databank of legal information, state informational and legal resources (the National Legal Internet Portal, the information retrieval systems ETALON and ETALON-ONLINE, the Legal Forum of Belarus, the Children’s Legal Website, and the automated information system of the National Register of Legal Acts of the Republic of Belarus);
- to make official publications of legal acts;
- to perform a legal examination of technical laws and regulations that are binding for legal entities and individual entrepreneurs in line with regulations and resolutions of the Council of Ministers;
- to distribute (make available) reference legal information and law-enforcement information;
- to facilitate coordination of activity of government authorities and other state-run organizations regarding collecting, recording, processing, storing, cataloging updating, and spreading legal information in the Republic of Belarus;
- to participate in preparation of drafts laws and regulations, development and improvement of legal terminology in the Russian and Belarusian languages and its translation into foreign languages;
- to perform research in the sphere of legal informatization;
- to develop information technology, including software tools (software), in the field of law, including for official publication of laws and regulations, development of state informational and regal resources, and public discussion of draft laws and regulations;
- to ensure interstate legal information exchange.
1a Bersona Street, Minsk, 220030