Ministry of Sports and Tourism
The Ministry of Sports and Tourism is a central government agency that pursues the state policy in the field of physical training, sport, and tourism. It coordinates activities of other national government agencies in these areas.
- state regulation and administration in the field of physical training, sports, and tourism as well as creation of conditions for development of companies of all types of ownership that are engaged in activities in the field of physical training, sports, and tourism;
- implementation of a unified state policy in the field of physical training, sports, and tourism and coordination of activities of other government agencies in this field;
- preparation of draft state programs for development of physical training, sports, and tourism and intersectoral coordination of their implementation;
- management of the training of sport reserves and high-performance athletes;
- formation, training and participation of the national teams of Belarus in official international sport competitions in association with institutions and agencies concerned;
- coordination of activities of specialized education and sport institutions, children's and youth sport schools (specialized children's and youth Olympic reserve schools);
- general management of organization of doping control;
- creation of a science-based system of physical education and health improvement of the population, training of sport reserves, development of high-performance sports;
- organization of national and international sport, mass sport, and tourism events in the Republic of Belarus.
Building 2, 8 Kirova Street, Minsk, 220030